Friday, January 18, 2008

Ruth Marie

Josh's brother, Ryan and his wife, Andrea welcomed their second child yesterday, 1/17/08. Her name is Ruth Marie (Ruthie), she was 8 pounds 6 ounces and 18.5 inches long. She is beautiful!!! I had the pleasure of being at the hospital when she was born and it was so exicting. From where we were waiting we could hear her first cry and everyone in the delivery room cheering when she was born, it was amazing!
Andrea is an amazing woman! She went to the hospital on Wednesday to be induced. She called me that morning before going to the hospital to tell me that she was going to have her baby that day. After I picked Caroline up from school we headed to Sparta, where I dropped the kids off at my Moms house and then went to the hospital. I thought that I was going to miss it! But I had plenty of time, she didn't deliver until the next day at 9:15pm!
Andrea is the only woman on this planet that can be in labor and still be smiling!!! She was smiling the whole time! Andrea is a real trooper and again, AMAZING!!
They even let me hold Ruthie! She is sooo tiny and cute. It is amazing that I don't remember my kids ever being that small but Will only weighed 7 pounds when he was born, Caroline weighed 8 pounds. But for some reason, Ruthie just seems so tiny.
They should be able to come home tomorrow. Baby and Mommy are doing well.
I love you Ruthie! hugs and kisses, Aunt M.
.

No comments: