Thursday, May 28, 2009
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Caroline watching the other dancers...
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Today we had an appointment with urology. We had an ultrasound at 1:30pm with a clinic appointment after. I thought it would be a few hours since it was going to be a pretty straight forward appointment. WRONG!!!!
We finally left the hospital at 5pm! The doctor came in at about 4:45pm and said "we will see you in a year" and that was it. He didn't even examine Will, never even touched him.
Not to mention the fact that the waiting room, which we were in for 2 hours, had nothing for the kids to do. The televisions were on a cartoon channel but the cartoons were nothing that I would let the kids watch. There were no toys and there was trash all over the place. I was constantly walking behind Will guiding him away from soda cans, cups and papers that people had left behind. And again when we went back to the exam room, there was nothing. Caroline was bored out of her mind, which led to misbehaving, which is never good.
I was ready to pull my hair out. I was polite when I told the nurse in charge of the clinic to not bother to send us an appointment time in the mail for next year because we would not be returning. I explained that this wasn't the first time that we had to wait an insane amount of time to see the doctor (who, by the way, was chatting on his cell phone is the hallway before coming into our room). I explained that the nurses were wonderful and they always tried to make it up to us (today they gave Caroline a five dollar gift certificate to the gift shop. She got chips for the ride home.) But all that said, it didn't make up for the fact that we had to sit there for 4 hours and wait and wait and wait.
It was a long day. The kids and I were glad to be home (aka back at the hotel room).
So we are in the market of a new urologist.
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
- We have a house!! We will be closing on June 19th. We can't wait!!
- We will be living in this stinking hotel for another month! Yuck!
- I am so completely over hotel life it is not funny. I am tired of having to take the dog outside to go, it is just not an easy task with two kids in tow. I am tired of the noisy neighbors. I am tired of being on top of one another all the time. I am tired of the devil stove. I am tired because I am not sleeping in my own bed.
- Will is going to be getting ear tubes on July 30th. Yep, July 30th was the first available appointment!!
- Will has a really bad cold. Cough, runny nose, gagging...lots of gagging.
- I had a flat tire today.
- Will has an appointment with urology tomorrow. It is just a follow up, I believe that everything will be just fine.
- Caroline had her dance recital over the weekend. I still haven't even downloaded the pictures.
- Caroline graduates from preschool on Thursday.
- We went to the "new" house tonight to have the home inspection done and Caroline met new friends! There are about 4 girls that live on our street and they all came over and played in the yard with her. I am so thankful that she has already made friends. She cried when we left because "it is going to be a WHOLE month before I can play with them again!!"
- Our "new" house has a subdivision swimming pool, we are looking forward to having some fun this summer!!!
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
His therapists love him and celebrate with us all of his accomplishments. They are his best cheerleaders and he adores each and every one of them. We are really going to miss them and it was very sad to have to say goodbye.
Ms. Robyn, occupational therapist and Will stringing beads...
Ms. Robyn and Will blowing bubbles...
His physical therapists, Jenny and Shawnery...
There are others that I didn't take pictures of, Ms. Patti, his speech therapist and Ms. Janene, his developmental therapist.
I can not express how much I appreciate these wonderful women helping, teaching, nurturing and loving my child for the last three years. Without them, Will would not be amazing us with all of his abilities.
Robyn, Jenny, Shawnery, Patti and Janene; thank you. We love you and we will miss you!!
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Me: Teaching you what?
Caroline: You know Mom, it is excerise that you don't have to do fast, you do it very slow! (showing me a Tai Chi pose) Ty-Cheese!
Me: (completely laughing out loud) oh, that's cool hun!