Thursday, July 19, 2007

Has it been a week???

Sorry about that! Anyway, we have had some issue with the g tube over the last week. I guess it was Sunday and it was bleeding around the button. Called the doctor and they said it was okay but we had to be seen on Tuesday in clinic at Cardinal Glennon. He has "granulation tissue" around the button. It looks like a skin bubble, kinda gross! Anyway, they say they are very common and gave us a cream to put on it. If the cream doesn't work then we will have to have it cotterized (I so did not spell that right, but you know what I mean right??). It is like having a wart removed, anyway, they say that it will hurt a bit so I opted to try the cream first. We have to go back in two weeks to learn how to change the button out (it has to be changed every 6 weeks). Not looking forward to that but the surgeon said if I could but the Ng tube in then I should have no trouble with the button. We will see...

Aunt Marty is coming up today and going to Splash City with us. Caroline is really excited about that!!

No comments: