Monday, February 16, 2009

Cold

Will has a really bad cold. It started with a really bad cough. I took him to the doctor and we ruled out pneumonia by getting a chest x-ray on Friday. Saturday he started with the runny nose. Sunday brought the cough, gag, vomit phase. This morning he woke up with a high fever that I fought all day with Tylenol.

We haven't been able to give him his full tube feedings because he throws them up. We are just trying to keep the liquids going in. He has been really happy that I have been giving him juice all day!!

He is really having trouble breathing through all the snot. I really wish I had one of those super-duper snot suckers that they have at the hospital, those things work great. I hope that he starts feeling better soon. He walked around all day gagging from the drainage. I have wiped his nose so many times that he takes the tissue away from me and wipes his own nose!!

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Poor guy...I hope he feels better!

Kelly W.

Anonymous said...

Thinking of Will and hoping he feels better soon

Tarah Peacock said...

Poor little guy, I hope he gets better soon.

Christine said...

Ahhh! That's no fun. I hope he feels better soon.
Hugs

Tena said...

Feel better sweetheart!!!

Laura said...

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but our whole house just got over that virus. Buckle up becasue I am sure that all of you will have it by this weekend. Starts with a sore throat, then the next day you will get fever & chills, follwed by more fever & chills + the runny nose. Lasts for about a week ending with the sore throat again. Day #3 was the worst for all of us so you may be over the hump with him now. Hope that Will feels better soon & that maybe the rest of you will stay immune to it!!!