Monday, April 14, 2008

Will's 18 month Well Baby visit...a few months late.

Today Will had his 18 month Well Baby visit with his pediatrician. I know, he is 20 months old now but hey, better late than never.


The nurse checked his weight, height and head circumference. His stats are as follows...

Weight: 18 pounds 3 ounces

Height: 28.5 inches

HC: 43.9cm


The doctor was pleased that Will is growing on his own curve. His growth is charted on the RTS growth chart and his is continuing on a steady growth curve. I don't even ask what percentile he is measuring in because, frankly, I don't care. I don't like to get all caught up in the numbers, it can really be overwhelming for me. Will is growing, that is all that matters.


I spoke with the doctor about Will's constipation issues. He has been really backed up lately and he has been very uncomfortable lately. I asked him to prescribe Miralax, which should help with the problem. I will let you all know if it helps. I believe that every child with RTS is on Miralax, I think that it is part of the RTS diet!


He had to get two shots today. I think that Will took it better than Caroline did. She doesn't do well when the doctors make Will cry. Will doesn't like to have his ears looked at, it doesn't hurt, he just doesn't like it, so he usually cries during that part of the exam. So when the doctor started to check Will's ears she turned and faced the wall and put her hands over her ears so that she wouldn't hear Will cry. When the nurse came back in to give Will his shots Caroline said that she wanted to hold Will's hand but when the nurse had the shot in hand Caroline did the hands over the ears faced the wall thing again.


If you remember, Caroline doesn't do so well with shots so I have a feeling that her not wanting to look at the shots going in was behind the hands over the ears and facing the wall during that part of the exam. But I think that it is so sweet that she doesn't like to see her brother upset. She sure does love her brother!

1 comment:

Mama G said...

Wow, i think he's growing great, i think Charlie was about those same stats at that age. I'm like you though, i don't even want to hear the percentiles...as long as they are growing thats all that matters. What a cute story about Caroline...she really loves her little brother.