Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Circus Clown

Will had physical therapy this morning. Ms. Shawnery and Ms. Jenny were both here today. Ms. Shawnery comes twice a month and Ms. Jenny comes to one of those visits. Today we had both! They are working on trying to get Will to stand independently. Today they had him standing on an exercise ball to work on balance and building trunk strength. I thought that maybe they were working on his new circus act! He had fun doing it!

















Ms. Jenny also brought a reverse walker for Will to try. It just gave him something to hold onto while he was walking. He is having trouble realizing that he can let go and still be able to stand. If he doesn't notice that he has let go he is fine. But once we realizes it, he startles himself and jerks and falls. I figure he will get it in his own time. I already have enough trouble keeping track of him when he isn't walking I can only imagine what it will be like when he is! Here is a picture of Will practicing with the walker. I was surprised that he knew to hold onto the handles. He did really well with it.
I have a feeling that he is going to be walking soon. :-)

No comments: