Sunday, November 11, 2007

Something new

I hope that everyone had a nice weekend.
We have tried some different things with Will's feeding. We have been giving him only 2 ounces at a time through the tube and we have also switched to the ready serve type of formula (the type that is already mixed/more expensive). I believe that the changes have made a difference. He seems to be doing well. He only threw up a small amount today. We will give this a shot for awhile and see how it goes. I will keep you all posted....
On Tuesday we have an appointment with Orthopedics. Will sees ortho because of his tethered spinal cord release surgery. He has follow ups with ortho every 6 months. The last time we saw ortho, I sort of questioned the reasoning of the doctor. You remember the whole shoe issue...Anyway, we are getting a second opinion. I am still concerned about Will turning his ankles in while standing. He likes to stand on the insides of his ankles. I just think that it would be easier to correct now rather than later. He also "pops" alot. His hips, knees and ankles are always popping, even when he is not weight barring. So I am concerned that the popping could cause damage to his joints in the future. I was not very comfortable with the ortho that we had seen in the past so I requested to have the second opinion. We will see how it goes...

No comments: