Monday, August 6, 2007

I did it!

Ok, I did it! I changed Will's g-button! I am not going to lie to ya, it was GROSS!! But I did it. I had to put a surenge into the side port on the button and pull out the water keeping a balloon inflated in his stomach and then the button just pulled right out. The hole where the button is is gross and food from his stomach came out. But I did it! The hole looked like an ear piercing hole, for lack of better discriptives. The changing of the button wasn't that big of a deal and they only made me do it once (and Josh just watched!) So I hope that we don't have to change it out any too soon!

They also use silver nitrate on his granulated tissue around the button site. It is now black and GROSS! They said if it is still there on Monday that we have to go back for some more. I guess that it stung when they put it on because he did not like it at all. They gave him some tylenol and he seems to be doing better now.

We also weighed him today and surprisingly he only weighed 15 pounds 6 ounces. Josh and I were a bit disappointed because we thought he was gaining alot. We both got the impression from the nurse that we need to be feeding him more. Sigh...I thought we were doing good. We see Dr. Rahman in 2 weeks for a well baby visit and we will see what he has to say about it.

I hope that everyone enjoys their Monday and tries to stay cool, good luck!

No comments: