Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A Snack.

I used to do this with Caroline all of the time. It was how she ate her snacks when she was a toddler. She would pick her snack and I would put it in a small bowl for her and she would take her bowl and go about doing what she wanted. She would take her snack and watch TV, play with her toys or whatever. Caroline rarely ate her snacks in her highchair. Honestly, Caroline only sat in a highchair for a short time. We put her in a booster seat at the table very early on.
I have never done this with Will; give him a snack and send him on his way. Today was the first time he was given a bowl with his snack and he could do whatever he wanted with it. Granted, I watched him like a hawk to see what he was doing with it. But I let him do his thing.
He picked his snack, Fruit Loops. I put some Loops into a bowl and sent him on his way. I checked on him minutes later and he had taken his bowl into the playroom and dumped them on the table. He may have dumped them on the table but he stood there and ate his Fruit Loops!
I can remember the first few times that I gave Caroline Goldfish, she would dump them on the floor and then eat them. It only took her a few snacks to realize that it was better for them to stay in the bowl! I am sure that Will is going to catch on real soon!
It was a small milestone today for Will but one that we were both very proud of!

2 comments:

Terri H-E said...

Eating and independence wrapped into one! You are bringing back memories over here...

The Peacock Family said...

How cute.