Sunday, February 10, 2008

Need a prayer...


Our dog, Madi fell ill today. We are not really sure what is going on with him. He got sick around 2pm today and we put him outside so that he wouldn't get sick on the floor anymore. I went to the back door to check on him (we can usually hear him barking at the neighbor's dogs when outside) because I didn't hear him. I found him laying in the corner of the yard and not responding to me. I got Josh to go out there and check on him. Madi would not respond and was breathing really heavy and fast. I call our vet and they were closed (I knew that!) so I called the animal ER (yes, there really is a place!). They wanted me to bring him in right away. Josh had to carry Madi to the car, he could not walk. I took him to the ER, Josh stayed home with the kids.

When we got to the ER, I had someone go out and carry Madi inside (he is too heavy for me to carry). They took him to the back on a gurney and started working on him. They said that his body is responding to shock. They gave him an IV and pain medication. They took x-rays of his chest and abdomen to check for internal bleeding and whatnot. There was a "gray" spot near his splen area, so they are going to watch that area very closely. He had to stay overnight so that they can do blood work and watch him. They are going to call me when they get the results of the bloodwork.

I don't have a good feeling about this. I think that Madi is gravely ill. Please pray for our family pet, Madi.

No comments: